Saturday, July 7, 2018
Calling all canoers! Our annual Canoe Adventure event, where we canoe through the Ohio & Erie Canal and into downtown Akron, will be held on Saturday, July 7 at 8 a.m. Participants will start at the Reach Opportunity Center at Summit Lake, where they will be shuttled to the starting docks on Nesmith Lake. Group by group, canoers will head down the Ohio & Erie Canalway and through Summit Lake before ending their trip with a picnic lunch back at the Reach Center.
Admission for Canoe Adventure are $40.00 per person for non-members and $30.00 per person for members of the Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition. Admission is $15.00 for children under 12. Purchase your spot via Paypal below, or by phone at (330) 374-5657. There is no same day registration. Every admission must be prepaid and is non-refundable.
- An interpretive tour of the sites we pass, giving Canalway history, Towpath Trail updates, and fun facts
- A trolley ride from Summit Lake to Nesmith Lake
- A 6 mile canoe ride from Nesmith Lake to downtown Akron
- Canoe, paddle, and all equipment included
- Snacks and goodie bags
- Picnic Lunch at the Reach Opportunity Center
For more information, contact George Ebey at (330) 374-5657 or email@example.com.
- We ask that all participants stay within their assigned group during the entire trip
- For your safety, we ask that you remain in your canoe until the ride is complete and wear a life vest at all times
- Each canoe should contain at least two riders (no single riders) and at least one rider who has some experience operating a canoe
- The trip is six miles long on a canal that has no current, and this may be considered a strenuous event
- The first shuttle departs the Richard Howe House at 8:15 am
If you are still interested in registering, you may call our office at 330-374-5657.
Thank you to all of our corporate sponsors!