The Fishing Derby is an educational hands-on event for Akron-area school-age children, grades 3-4, that teaches them a new hobby and the importance of environmental stewardship.
Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2022
Time: 4-6 PM
Location: Wilbeth Road Trailhead
The event is free, though space is limited. Upon arrival, you will join the registration line where you will be provided with your equipment and assigned to fishing station along the canal. You can expect your fishing time to last between 60 to 90 minutes. Once dismissed, you will be directed to the check-out area where you will receive a complimentary goodie bag and your child may keep the fishing pole they were assigned as a free complimentary gift. Volunteers will be on hand to help provide fishing tutorials if needed.
- Each child MUST BE accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in order to participate in the Fishing Derby.
- In accordance with the CDC guidelines, for the safety of our patrons, employees, and volunteers, we encourage all non-vaccinated persons to continue to wear their masks. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- The intended age group is 3rd to 4th grade students (ages 9-11), though you may register other ages.
- Please note that the equipment provided will be aimed at this age group and may not be ideal for younger or older students. Priority will be given to 3rd and 4th grade students.
- Once you are assigned to your fishing station, we ask that you remain there until dismissed (restroom breaks are permitted),
- You must be present at the time of the raffle in order to win.
We will raffle four bicycles (two boys and two girls). The raffle will be announced at 5:30pm. Students must be present to win.
For questions or more information, contact George Ebey or call 330-374-5657.
Online registration ends on May 22. Participants can still register after this date by contacting George Ebey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 330-374-5657