Ride. Return. Repeat.
Summit Bike Share is Summit County’s free bicycle share system, with 40 bikes available at nine stations across Summit County. Summit Bike Share stations are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Akron and downtown Barberton, all within a short distance to shops, restaurants, businesses, and the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail. Operated by the Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition, Summit Bike Share provides an accessible, eco-friendly, and healthy method of transportation for residents and visitors of Summit County.
Bike Share Locations
Use the map below to view the locations of the Summit Bike Share. Click on the location icon to learn more.
- North Hill Branch Library - 183 E. Cuyahoga Falls Avenue
- Mustill Store Trailhead - 57 W. North Street
- Maple Valley Branch Library - 1187 Copley Road
- Lock 3 - 200 S. Main Street (temporarily suspended due to construction)
- Richard Howe House - 47 W. Exchange Street
- Reach Opportunity Center at Summit Lake - 390 W. Crosier Street
- Kenmore Senior Community Center - 880 Kenmore Boulevard
- Lake Anna YMCA - 500 W. Hopocan Avenue
- Barberton Public Library - 602 W. Park Avenue
Bike Share availability is subject to business/organization hours of operation. Please call ahead or visit their website to ensure they are open to operate the Summit Bike Share program.
About the Richard Howe House
Bicycles are available to borrow at the Richard Howe House, offices for the Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition. Stop by to borrow your bike Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM. For questions, please call our office at (330) 374-5657.
Summit Bike Share season operates from May to October. Day to day schedules, show in the map above, are determined by each individual location. A photo ID is required to participate. Bicycles can be borrowed for three hours at a time, and must be returned by the end of the day.
Thank you to our Summit Bicycle Share Partners: